Thursday 15 January 2015

So here it all begins

So here it all begins. Ground zero, otherwise known as "the back yard". 
When you buy a house new you expect some work is going to be required to get the yard in some kind of order. In our case the block had a reasonably steep drop at the back door down to the bottom of the block, as well as a bloody big tree. 
The solution? "Let's build a deck!!". Well, that's part of the solution, but a big part it will be.
Now I'm not a novice at terraforming backyards, nor building decks, but I am a novice in publicly disclosing it! But so many people ask me so many questions when they see I am building, or when I have (finally) finished something.
  • "how did you do it?",
  • "how long did it take?",
  • "what did you do when you got to (insert spot in construction)?",
  • "what was the hardest part?"
  • "what did you use for decking?"
  • "how many posts did you use?"
  • "how did you dig the footings?"
  • "how was it dealing with the council?" 
  • "what did it cost?"
  • "what's the best brand?"
  • "what's the best tool?"

etc. etc. etc.


So I have decided to write about it as a permanent record of how the project was undertaken, and now here you are reading it!

So let's learn together, enjoying the build!
Michael.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment