Tuesday 27 January 2015

Step 1. A Clean Slate

After looking around our local estate for ideas, I happened across one of our neighbours front gardens that had some rock work I really liked. You see I had this idea to run a rock wall up the side of the side yard to be a terrace and help flatten out the area, and what I saw was going to fit the ticket. It's amazing what you'll find just walking around your local neighbourhood. If you see something you like, step up and ask!
I found out from the neighbour who the landscaper was, and he passed on Stefan’s name from Stefan’s Landscape Creations. I showed Stefan all the magazine clippings and photos I had that collected to give him an idea of the style of what I was after. We had an immediate meeting of minds and he seemed to “get” exactly what I was after. He came highly recommended from the neighbor, so immediately got the job.
So starting with a pile of weeds, what’s the first thing you do? GET RID OF EM!
The best way to get rid of them? Heavy machinery!
First step? Clear the way!
Stefan going gangster on the backyard with the Dingo

Once all that crap (the official horticultural term) was cleared away, the back and side yards were actually quite substantial and easier to see
Clearing the yard

Job done! Amazing what heavy equipment can achieve in a day!

Weeds gone! Trash GONE! Like an artist's palette we now had a blank slate to work with

No comments:

Post a Comment